Chicken Tagine with AlmondsLolibox
If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Chicken Tagine with Almonds. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pinches saffron
- 150 grams almonds (flaked or slivered)
- 300 milliliters chicken stock
- 3 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 15 grams ginger
- 1 lemon
- 1 chicken
- 15 grams butter
- 1In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the saffron.
- 2Heat a skillet without adding any fats or oils. Toast the almonds and stir often so they do not burn. Set aside.
- 3Prepare the chicken stock. Peel the onions and dice them finely. Peel and crush the garlic. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Juice the lemon. Cut the chicken into pieces and coat them with the with saffron-infused oil.
- 4Heat the remaining olive oil and the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- 5Add the onions and garlic to the pan over medium heat. Stir well. When they begin to color, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the bottom with a spatula to loosen the brown bits. Add the ginger and season with pepper. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes over low heat. Uncover and let the sauce thicken for about 15 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and the almonds.
- 6Cover and serve hot.