- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 yellow onions (medium, finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 pounds ground chicken (not extra-lean all breast meat)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 taco shells (hard)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (or purple cabbage, optional for topping)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (optional for topping)
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lulu 4 Jun
It was okay, nothing big. I expected something amazing but it’s just eh, whatever.
Hdar Yashar 23 May
These are the most delicious tacos ever! With all the different taste buds flying around my house, a recipe that EVERYONE likes is def a keeper. And it's so easy AND quick to make. My kids can't wait till Taco Night.
Cody Shotwell 22 May
turned out great! simple, easy, and tasted better than expected!
Shawne 5 May
Loved this recipe- my family devoured them!
Ruth O. 19 Apr
it turn out great. Instead of ground chicken, i use ground turkey. i also blended my vegetables instead of grating them. and i added some taco seasoning to the ground turkey. Came out great
Julia Stoen 24 Nov 2017
it was pretty good . i might use more liquids next time.
Eileen 12 Jul 2017
It was good. I used salsa instead of tomato sauce .
James H. 9 Jun 2017
We loved it, easy and flavorful. Worked for everyone.
Hegazy 9 Mar 2017
good recipe!! it's the first time to try such a Mexican food and really i loved it and hope to try mush more of good ones all over the world
Lorna S. 23 Feb 2016
Great! I make this over and over again! No modifications made Favors were great served with avocado also