- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2/3 inch fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 stalk lemon grass (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1 pound chicken breast (finely sliced)
- 1 pound carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 8 sprigs cilantro (destemmed)
- 5 sprigs thai basil (destemmed)
- soy sauce (to dip)
- Put stock, lime leaves, coriander seeds, ginger, lemongrass and 1 cup of water in a large saucepan and simmer. Add chicken and carrots. When chicken is cooked, lift out the contents of the saucepan with a slotted spoon. Discard the lime leaves.
- Submerge the wrappers one at a time in lukewarm water for 30-40 seconds. Remove and place on a damp cloth. Place portions of the cooked ingredients and the fresh herbs in the center of each wrapper and roll, tucking in the ends. Serve with soy sauce to dip.