Here's an Asian style chicken soup to warm the soul. It starts with a whole chicken, which is simmered wtih aromatics to produce a flavorful broth (so it's also economical) that is infused wtih garlic, soy sauce, and fresh ginger. The chicken will b…
exceptionally tender and easy to pull the meat off the bones, while the broth is then used to cook the noodles. Even the vegetables that were used to flavor the broth get incorporated in the final dish, so that nothing is wasted.
- 1 chicken
- 3 liters water
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks (with leaves)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 milliliters soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more)
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken broth)
- 200 chinese noodles (grs of, with egg)
- In a large saucepan put the chicken, the water, the whole (peeled) carrots, the stalks of celery with their leaves broken in half (so that they fit in the pot), the onion (thinly cut in half moon slices), the sliced garlic, the soy sauce, the sugar, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and spice and the chicken broth cube.
- Heat and let simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and shred.