Chicken Soup In Asian StyleO Meu Tempero
Here's an Asian style chicken soup to warm the soul. It starts with a whole chicken, which is simmered wtih aromatics to produce a flavorful broth (so it's also economical) that is infused wtih garlic, soy sauce, and fresh ginger. The chicken will be exceptionally tender and easy to pull the meat off the bones, while the broth is then used to cook the noodles. Even the vegetables that were used to flavor the broth get incorporated in the final dish, so that nothing is wasted.
- 1 chicken
- 3 liters water
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs (with leaves)
- 1 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 milliliters soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more)
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken broth)
- 200 chinese noodles (grs of, with egg)
- 1In a large saucepan put the chicken, the water, the whole (peeled) carrots, the stalks of celery with their leaves broken in half (so that they fit in the pot), the onion (thinly cut in half moon slices), the sliced garlic, the soy sauce, the sugar, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and spice and the chicken broth cube.
- 2Heat and let simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- 3Remove the chicken and shred.
- 4Cut the carrots into thin sticks.
- 5Cut the celery stalks and separate the leaves.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Put the broth on the stove to boil, and cook the Chinese noodles in it without breaking for 3-4 minutes.
- 8Serve the noodles in bowls, then put the broth, the chicken, the carrot and the celery leaves.