Chicken SoupO Meu Tempero
It may not be what your grandma made you when you were sick, but this chicken soup is just as nourishing --and it's guaranteed to ward off the chills (either from the flu or the outside temperature). Leek, potato, and carrot (a most classic trio) are the flavor builders, while giblets give the soup even more depth. Rather than more traditional pasta shapes, this soup features couscous, so you'll need to keep stirring during cooking to keep them from floating to the bottom.
- 2 1/2 liters water
- 1/2 chicken (with giblets, chopped)
- 1 leeks (large, white part only, julienned)
- 1 chicken stock cubes
- 1 large potatoes (cubed)
- 1 large carrots (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams couscous
- mint leaves (optional)
- 1In a large pot, add the water, chicken, giblets, leek, and the chicken stock cube.
- 2Simmer on medium heat until the chicken is cooked.
- 3Remove the chicken and let cool. Shred the chicken.
- 4Turn the heat on again and add the potatos and carrots.
- 5Season with salt and cook until the vegetables are done.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add the shredded chicken and couscous and cover.
- 8The couscous will cook in the hot broth.
- 9Stir just so the couscous does not sink to the bottom. Serve warm, drizzled with lemon.
- 10Garnish with mint.