Chicken Skewers with Pita Bread and Grilled VegetablesKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Chicken Skewers with Pita Bread and Grilled Vegetables combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 2 chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 pepper (grilled)
- 1 eggplant (grilled)
- ground black pepper
- virgin olive oil
- 250 grams bread flour
- 5 grams salt
- 12 grams fresh yeast
- 10 grams oil
- 20 grams milk
- 140 grams warm water
- 1Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and plenty of rosemary and oregano.
- 2Add a drizzle of oil and let marinate.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 230°C (approximately 450°F).
- 5For the pita bread, mix flour, yeast and salt.
- 6Add milk, water and oil. Knead well for at least ten minutes.
- 7Cover and let rest covered until doubled in volume.
- 8Cut dough into six pieces.
- 9On a floured surface, form into balls and then roll out.
- 10Place on a baking sheet and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 11To bake the pita bread, the oven must be very hot, maximum heat, with the oven fan on if available.
- 12Place pita bread in the center of preheated oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- 13Thread chicken onto skewers and cook on a preheated grill or in a skillet on the stove.
- 14Serve with eggplant and pepper.