Chicken Skewers with Lemon and RosemaryCasseroles et claviers
Lemon and rosemary go together perfectly and chicken is the perfect blank canvas for a bright and flavorful dish. This simple marinade needs only about 30 minutes of resting with the chicken to impart tons of flavor, cooking them on the grill adds a nice smokiness that complements the lemon and rosemary perfectly. This is a great recipe to have on hand when you are doing a cookout but want something other than burgers and hot dogs on the grill.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon juice (and zest)
- 2 lemon (cut into cubes)
- 2 rosemary sprigs (fresh)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1Cut the chicken into large cubes. Place in a bowl with lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped rosemary and a dash of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- 2Prick the chicken and lemon cubes onto skewers, alternating between the two and cook, on the barbecue preferably, or in the oven.
- 3Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- 4If you're lucky enough to have some rosemary in your garden, do your skewers with rosemary branches: remove all the rosemary needle-leaves except for the ones at the end of the branches. Soak the branches for a few minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill, then skew the chicken with the moist branches, and cook it. Top impression factor guaranteed.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.