- 4 chicken breast (pounded to a 1/4 inch)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (or red)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs parsley (chopped finely, some set aside for garnish)
- 1/2 bunch chives (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head lettuce (chopped)
- lemon slices (to garnish)
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle it with half the lemon juice. Mix together the mustard, egg yolks, lemon zest, cream, and a pinch of sugar. Coat the chicken, first with flour, then with the egg yolk mixture and let marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes. When they're done, drain, rinse, peel, and slice them. Combine the the stock, vinegar, 2 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of sugar, and the onion in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the herbs, season to taste, and pour the mixture over the potatoes. Cover and set aside.
- Melt the butter, cook until it's light brown, and remove it from the heat. Stir in the remaining lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp of sugar. Pour it over the lettuce and serve it in bowls.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan. Cook the chicken schnitzel for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve schnitzel with the potato salad, garnished with parsley and lemon slices.
|Calories620Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.