This dish makes for a delicious and filling dinner. Fresh cabbage leaves are stuffed with a chicken sausage. Before filling the cabbage leaves, the chicken sausages are mixed with spices and tomatoes for a savory and flavor-packed filling. Serve these with some mashed or roasted potatoes for a filling and satisfying meal.
- 10 chicken sausage (fresh)
- 10 cabbage leaves
- 1 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 2 tablespoons tomato pulp
- 100 milliliters water (or chicken broth)
- Wash the cabbage leaves and cut the hard center.
- Blanch in boiling salted water and drain.
- Place the cabbage leaves on the work surface one by one and carefully roll around the sausages.
- Secure the cabbage using toothpicks or skewers.
- In a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté the chopped onion with the bay leaf.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the tomato pulp.Leave to braise for a little while.
- Add the sausages and season with salt salt.
- Cover and cook in moderate heat.
- Add water or broth as needed.
- Serve hot with homemade mashed potatoes.