An easy to throw together appetizer using chicken tenders, samba oelek, fresh lime juice, and grated ginger, then grilled and served with a spicypeanut sauce!
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound chicken tenders (skinless, boneless)
- 8 bamboo (skewers soaked for 30 minutes)
- peanut dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed or grated)
- In medium sized bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, lime juice, ginger and cilantro. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Put marinade in large plastic baggie and add chicken tenders. Refrigerate for one hour. Remove chicken from marinade (discard) and thread each chicken tender onto a bamboo skewer.
- Heat a grill pan or grill on medium-high. Spray with cooking spray first so chicken doesn't stick. Grill chicken 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through and light grill marks appear. Serve with dipping sauce.
- To make dipping sauce Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
|Calories180Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.