- 4 ounces honey roasted peanuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- salad (Noodle)
- 1 pound vermicelli noodles (package)
- 1/4 cucumber (julienned)
- 1 carrot (peeled, julienned)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (or black)
- 1 bunch cilantro (or mint, roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- For the satay marinade, combine peanuts, garlic and ginger in a food processor, then pulse until the nuts are finely ground. Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and 1/4 cup warm water, and blend. Add drumsticks to a large bag or container and pour in satay marinade. Chill in fridge 30 mins or up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange drumsticks in a lined shallow dish and roast 35-40 mins until golden and juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, prepare noodles according to package instructions, then drain. Combine noodles with cucumber, carrot, peppers, red onion, sesame seeds and herbs, tossing well.
- For the dressing, mix the oil, lime juice, sugar and seasoning in a small jar and shake well. Toss with the salad. Serve with drumsticks and extra peanuts or crispy noodles.
|Calories1100Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.