Give your daily lunch routine a boost with this recipe for a Chicken Sandwich with Mango Chutney. Thinly sliced cucumber, raw onion rings, and pan-fried chicken make up the meat of this sandwich and are covered in a flavorful ginger and curry mango chutney and sandwiched between your favorite type of bread. This sandwich is easy to make but the flavors are complex and delicious. You can make extra mango chutney to can and serve alongside grilled meat or in future cooking.
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 mango
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 chicken breast (small)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced thin)
- 4 slices bread
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Slice 1/2 onion into rings and mince the other half.
- Peel and dice the mango.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the minced onion and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the mango and curry, continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Season with the lime juice and a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Chop the chicken breast and fry in some oil in a saucepan, until golden brown.
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumber.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bread and add the lettuce, cucumber, chicken, onion rings, and mango chutney. Cover with the other bread slices.
|Calories410Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.