Chicken Sandwich with Mango ChutneySobre Dulce y Salado
Give your daily lunch routine a boost with this recipe for a Chicken Sandwich with Mango Chutney. Thinly sliced cucumber, raw onion rings, and pan-fried chicken make up the meat of this sandwich and are covered in a flavorful ginger and curry mango chutney and sandwiched between your favorite type of bread. This sandwich is easy to make but the flavors are complex and delicious. You can make extra mango chutney to can and serve alongside grilled meat or in future cooking.
- 1 green onions
- 1/2 mango
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 chicken breasts (small)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced thin)
- 4 slices bread
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1Slice 1/2 onion into rings and mince the other half.
- 2Peel and dice the mango.
- 3Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the minced onion and ginger for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the mango and curry, continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- 5Season with the lime juice and a pinch of salt and sugar.
- 6Chop the chicken breast and fry in some oil in a saucepan, until golden brown.
- 7Peel and thinly slice the cucumber.
- 8Toast the bread slices.
- 9Spread mayonnaise on the bread and add the lettuce, cucumber, chicken, onion rings, and mango chutney. Cover with the other bread slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.