Drawing from Indian cuisine, these samosas are filled with a chicken curry masala filling and fried to crispy perfection. You can purchase samosa dough at specialty Indian shops or use filo dough, using two layers of filo dough.
- 2 chicken breasts
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 7 cabbage leaves
- 2 carrots (medium)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry (ground)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 36 sheets dough (samosa, or with leftovers)
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Sear chicken pieces in a skillet with a little olive oil. Remove chicken from skillet.
- In the food processor, chop the onion and garlic, and set aside. Chop the cabbage, and set aside. Chop the carrots, and set aside.
- Mince the cooked chicken in the food processor.
- Heat the skillet with a little more olive oil, add onion, garlic, cabbage, and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, just to soften.
- Add the minced chicken, curry, and garam masala. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently to season evenly.
- Remove from heat, and let cool a bit before assembling the samosas.
- Spread out a strip of dough, and at one end, but not at the very edge, place a spoonful of filling. Next, fold into triangle.
- Slightly moisten the edge of the dough with water so it sticks.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the samosas for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Remove from skillet, and drain well on a paper towel.
- Serve hot or cold.