Cooked chicken breast is shredded and combined with halved cherry tomatoes, torn lettuce leaves, cooked bacon, and croutons that are made by cutting ciabatta bread into cubes, tossing with olive oil, and frying until golden and very crispy and golden brown and seasoned wtih salt, pepper, and dried basil. The croutons, by the way, can be added to all of your favorite salads. Toasted sesame seeds lend even more crunch to this one.
- 1 chicken breast (shredded)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 lettuce (small)
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ciabatta bread (rustic)
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place the shredded chicken breasts on a platter.
- Cut the tomato in half and the lettuce in coarse chunks by hand, add to the platter with the chicken.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel.
- In the same frying pan, toast the sesame seeds.
- Add the bread cut into small cubes, a drizzle of olive oil and saute until all is quite crispy.
- Halfway through, season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Finally, arrange the remaining ingredients in the platter and season with a salt vinaigrette, vinegar and olive oil, or a sauce of your choice.