Chicken Salad SandwichMADELEINE COCINA
This Chicken Salad Sandwich is not only tasty, it also is refreshing and packed with healthy vegetables and flavor. This sandwich recipe combines roasted skinned chicken breasts with flavorful vegetables and a decadent dressing that includes chili pepper, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, paprika and Dijon mustard. Pack all this flavor in pita bread rounds for a sandwich that will fill you up and won’t make you worry about your waistline. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 chicken breast (roasted, skinned, boneless)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (minced)
- 1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped, boiled)
- 1/4 cup peas (cooked)
- 2 slices ham (cut in small pieces)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita bread rounds
- chili pepper (Jalapeño, as desired)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- pepper (as desired)
- salt (as desired)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Mix the chicken breast, green bell pepper, celery, carrot, peas, and ham in a small bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, paprika, and dijon mustard in a different bowl.
- Add the dressing to the other bowl, mix, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut open the pita bread, place a lettuce leaf and the marinated chicken on top, and serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories570Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes