Chicken SaladO Meu Tempero
Here's your answer to what to do with leftover roast chicken breast: Chop or shred the meat and fold it into a delicious salad that can be enjoyed on its own, as a sandwich filling, or as a component of a composed salad with greens (and perhaps other such salads, like tuna or egg salad, in the classic trio). This version includes watercress, carrot, and orange, plus feta and a balsamic vinaigrette as the binder.
- 1 roast breast of chicken (or other leftover part)
- 1/2 cup watercress
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 onions (small)
- 1 orange
- olive oil (for vinaigrette)
- coarse salt (for vinaigrette)
- balsamic vinegar (for vinaigrette)
- feta cheese (for garnish)
- basil leaves (for garnish)
- 1Chop and mix the chicken and vegetables. Seasoned with a vinaigrette of olive oil, coarse salt, and balsamic vinegar.
- 2Garnish with feta cheese and basil leaves.