Chicken Pot Pie SoupMcCormick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Rosemary Leaves (crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 4 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (Substitutions available Original Chicken Stock)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions (frozen)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 sliced bread (thin)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic powder in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon. Heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add mushrooms, carrots and remaining seasoning mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from saucepan. Set aside. Melt remaining 3 teaspoons butter in saucepan on medium heat, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- 2Gradually stir in broth until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable mixture, chicken, pearl onions and peas; simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Cut bread into rounds with 3-inch cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush bread with oil and sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture. Bake 10 minutes or until toasted. To serve soup, ladle into soup bowls and top each with 1 crouton.