- 4 tablespoons butter oil
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and diced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms (or button, diced)
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes (diced)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (freshly-)
|Calories300Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brenda 12 Oct 2018
it was awesome and the whole family love it
Tonya 14 Apr 2018
Great comfort food! Made it in the instant pot -- saute the onion and garlic in butter, add everything else, reducing chicken broth to 2 cups, except for the milk and flour, pressure cook for ten minutes. I used whole raw chicken thighs, so after pressure release, used a fork to break them up into pieces. Then stir the flour into 1 1/2 cups milk, put pot in saute mode, and add to the soup. Stir until thickened.
Melissa Bazan 11 Dec 2017
Made this a few nights ago. I didn't have Italian seasoning so I used herbs de province. It was quick, easy and filling. Tasted great. Definitely would recommend.
Hi Cathy! 15 Nov 2017
Excellent! I added fresh parsley and thyme. Loved it!
Kelly Morgante 8 Oct 2017
I found this recipe on Friday and immediately went to the store to gather ingredients!! My husband & I had to work all weekend on our website and I needed something for us to eat all weekend without having to cook or order out. This was perfect!! The flavor is outstanding and kept us going all three days! Thank you so much!! Warmest Regards, Kelly Morgante Pottsville, PA
Lisa Doppenberg 16 Jul 2017
Excellent!! Used the exact recipe
Camilla Waddilove 12 Feb 2016
This is really delicious. Made true to recipe and it turned out great! Going to have the leftovers that I froze tonight. Looking forward to it.