A pie is a traditional way to put savored ingredients into a flaky, buttery crust. These Chicken Pies with Saffron pack a lot of flavor in the small, decadent pastries. Combining garlic, onion, carrots, tomato pulp, white wine and saffron — these pies not only create a flavor explosion in your mouth, they also are easy to freeze for a quick dinner on a busy night. Take the time to indulge in this pocket of profound perfection.
- 1 chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tomato (pulp)
- 1 grated carrot
- white wine
- 15 grams olive oil
- 40 grams lard
- 30 grams warm water
- 20 grams white wine
- 15 grams baker's yeast
- 1 egg (and 1 egg yolk)
- 450 grams flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 beaten egg (to glaze)
- Place all ingredients for the dough in the bimby cup except the eggs and the flour.
- Turn it on programming 1,30 min./Vel.2/Temp37°.
- Add the egg, the yolk, and the flour, and set it to 2 min.at helical speed.
- Remove and allow the dough to rise.
- Do the filling in a large frying pan, make a stew with olive oil, onion, and minced garlic.
- Once the onion is translucent add a little tomato paste and stir well.
- Add the shredded chicken and carrots, cool with the white wine and let it simmer.
- Sprinkle the stew with a bit of saffron and chopped parsley and season with salt.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface, and when it is thin cut slices so as to cover the molds well.
- Fill with the filling and top with another slice of dough.
- With wet hands bring together the dough from the sides so that they are closed tightly.
- Brush the pies with beaten egg and bake them in a preheated oven at 200C for 20-25 minutes.
|Calories860Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.