- 1 pound carrots (peeled and cut into sticks)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne pepper (for sprinkling)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- paprika (to taste)
- 8 lettuce leaves (small)
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut (drained)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 red onions (small, peeled and cut into thin rings)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a bowl, mix the carrots, honey and 2 tbsp oil. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden.
- In a separate bowl, mix the chicken, yogurt, breadcrumbs and spring onions. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Form into 4 patties. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the patties, turning, over medium heat for 8-10 mins, until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange the carrots and lettuce leaves on 4 plates. Top the lettuce with the sauerkraut, then the burgers, cheese, tomatoes and onions.