- 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sarah Eck 16 Aug
We modified the recipe slightly adding in a few more veggies, citrus and plenty of cheese. The flavors were complex and rich. Perfect for a date night!
Kaytlyn E. 12 Apr
Absolutely love this recipe! Made it for the whole family and everyone loved it. If you're looking for comfort food, this is a good recipe to give a try. Pretty easy to make as well!!
Kim Posey 22 May 2017
Great! Would make again family hit
Bri C. 30 Apr 2017
amazing! definitely making it again
Stephen 12 Feb 2017
It was amazing great flavor couldn't have asked for a better chicken bake recipe, easy recipe to follow
Marlee S 20 Jan 2017
Yum! I added extra water because I used 4 oz more pasta. I also used my "Instant Pot!" I will make this again.
Deanna P. 30 Dec 2016
Came out great. Easy enough to prep ahead by just not olacing in oven yet and expanfing that time out accordingly
Efe U. 30 Apr 2016
Hoosier was really good I really loved it so good delicious wow I love it ope a restaurant you're amazing
Kristen H. 14 Apr 2016
It ended up being tastier than I thought it would. My family all enjoyed it as well including my 2 and 5 year old. Looking forward to finding out what the leftovers taste like tomorrow.
Jessica P. 11 Mar 2016
I left out the chicken, basil, and red pepper flakes and this turned out to be the best pasta side dish I have ever made. My husband loved it as well. Instead of chopping tomatoes, I just used the diced tomatoes I had in the cupboard. Highly recommend!