- 350 grams penne pasta
- 300 grams frozen vegetables (mixed)
- 150 milliliters vegetable stock
- 4 tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 250 grams salad cream
- 500 grams yoghurt (full fat)
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and pushed through a garlic press)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 80 grams tomato ketchup
- 750 grams chicken breast (cut into large chunks)
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 30 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package instructions (about 11 mins for dried pasta). Meanwhile, put the frozen vegetables in a pan with the vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Next, drain the vegetables, reserving the stock. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool.
- To make the salad dressing, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and reserved vegetable stock in a bowl. Add the garlic, then season with the paprika, white pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix 3/4 of the salad dressing with the cooled pasta, mixed vegetables, and the tomatoes. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dressing with the ketchup to make a dip.
- To make the chicken nuggets, first mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese in a wide bowl. Sift the flour into a separate bowl and season. Next, beat the eggs into a third bowl and season. Take each chunk of chicken and roll it first in the flour, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs, so they are evenly coated all over. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the nuggets over medium heat, turning, for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve the nuggets with the lettuce and the pasta salad with the dip on the side.
|Calories660Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.