Bright and light pasta dish with zesty chicken and salty crunchy capers and all in under 15 minutes. Summertime flavors inspired by the South of France come together to create this beautiful display of food. Lemon brings acidity but also freshness to the chicken, which sinks into the pasta shells. Salty capers burst in the mouth and is balanced by the savory corn flour and olive oil sauce. Slice a lemon in half and place next to the pasta as a graceful and bright touch.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- 3 lemons (medium, juice)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 centimeter strips.
- Coat the chicken with a thin layer of cornstarch.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil a wok on medium heat.
- Saute the chicken for a few minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and keep warm.
- Add the lemon juice to the wok.
- Reduce the lemon juice on high heat until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the capers and cook for 4 minutes; then add parsley and chicken.
- Mix gently.