- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 3 pounds chicken (in parts or 3 pounds chicken pieces of your choice)
- 8 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot (diced, 1/3-inch)
- 1 parsnip (medium, diced, 1/3-inch, optional)
- 1 celery stalk (large, diced, 1/3-inch)
- 3 ounces egg noodles (dried, I prefer wide ones)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped, or flat-leaf parsley)
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Samantha 28 days ago
It was simple to make and yummy. I wished it was a littler saltier. I even used 4 cups of chicken broth and 4 cups of water instead of just water. But it was tasty and easy to make
Francoise 20 Oct
I used rotisserie chicken and doubled the recipe too.
Chloe 21 Jun
Perfect, I did double the chicken and add extra water as I had more than 4 tummies to feed and still had plenty of left overs!
Danner 3 May
big hit. didnt change anything.
Gabi Kellogg 26 Nov 2017
AMAZING!!!! I️m 16 and I️ suck at cooking but this is the one thing I️ can make, it’s so delicious, I️ am purely obsessed
Melissa P. 15 Sep 2017
This recipe is lovely. I'm a weirdo and never cook my noodles in my soup, because if you have leftovers you have to eat soggy, garbage noodles, so i store noodles and soup separately. But this soup is delicious.
Dooley 12 May 2017
Great for my sick day! I would definitely make again. Followed recipe and didn't make any modifications. Perfect for a rainy day!
Kathy F. 2 Apr 2017
Absolutely delicious. Best chicken noodle soup I've had since my mother was alive 3 years ago. Thank you for sharing this recipe. One thing though, I used parsley not dill
Fariha W. 12 Jan 2017
The soup turned out delicious. The flavor is great, especially with the dill, and it was perfect for a sick day in.
Glynniece Allison 16 Jan 2016
This recipe is a keeper. My son enjoyed helping to cook this dish and loved the flavor. My husband was impressed. Definitely the best chicken noodle soup recipe we've tried to date. Plus it was easy enough to make even when you're pressed for time. WONDERFUL!