Easily made ahead of time, these chicken meatballs are the perfect centerpiece to build your dinner around. This recipe outlines a frying cooking method, but these meatballs can be baked as well.
- 500 grams chicken breasts
- 3 potatoes (medium, author´s tip: use 2 regular potatoes and 1 sweet potato)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 leeks
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- salt (to taste)
- vegetable oil (as needed)
- Cook the chicken breasts and potatoes in water seasoned with salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Remove the ingredients from the water and drain well.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken and mash the potatoes. Place them in a bowl and set them aside.
- Using a food processor (or by hand, if preferred), grind or chop the onion, garlic, leek, and parsley. Once chopped, add them to the chicken and potato mix.
- Add the eggs, breadcrumbs, and a pinch of salt, and stir all of the ingredients well.
- Form the mix into small balls, just like meatballs, and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once it is hot, carefully place as many meatballs as can fit without overcrowding the frying pan. Cook until they are a nice golden brown and then place them on an absorbant cloth or paper towel.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the meatballs.
- Serve immediately (author´s suggestion: serve with white rice and a tomato salad).
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.