Chicken MeatballsRecetas del Señor Señor
Chicken meatballs are a great substitute for beef meatballs for a bit of lean and healthy protein. In this recipe, ground chicken is miced with garlic, cheese, and pickles for a bold little bite. The meatballs are served with a light sauce made from sauteed bell peppers and onions with a bit of tomato paste. The sauce is mild, so it really lets the flavor of the meatballs shine.
- 500 grams ground chicken
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic
- 50 grams pickles
- 1 eggs
- bread crumbs
- ground cumin
- vegetable oil
- 1 onions
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- corn starch
- 1In a bowl, mix the chicken, cheese, garlic, pickles, egg, breadcrumbs, and a pinch of cumin. Form the mixture into meatballs.
- 2Lightly coat them with flour.
- 3Heat some oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs in batches, cooking them on all sides. Drain the meatballs on paper towel and set aside.
- 4A a small amount of oil to a skillet and add the onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes.
- 5Add the chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Add a small amount of cornstarch diluted in water to the sauce if it is too thin.
- 7Place the meatballs in the sauce and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.