- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (reduced-sodium, 14 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons shallot (finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mushrooms (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage (finely)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (2 lb total)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Elena Petukhova-Jenson 5 Jul
Great recipe. The sauce is tender and full of flavor. Sometimes I add starch for thickening. I use dry sage instead fresh (1/2 tsp). Dry sage has more intense taste. I add a little fresh sage at the end of cooking with the last two spoons of wine. I highly recommend this recipe.
Sandra Stevenson 22 Apr
Fantastic! Will prepare for a future dinner party!
Shelley Carella 6 Apr
The best chicken marsala! I lighten it up a bit by using a bit of whole milk instead of the heavy cream. It's just as good that way and not as heavy.
Donna S. 26 Feb
Very easy and flavorful. I added a little cornstarch to thicken slightly, just based on my preference. Definitely a keeper!
Michael M. 3 Nov 2017
This is such a flavorful dish it was loved by everyone,
Vincent DiNardo 3 Sep 2017
Very easy and delicious chicken Marsala dish. I also made some garlic mash potatoes and broccoli with a nice glass of wine. My wife loves Marsala and gets it out a lot, said this was as good as any she had.