This recipe for Chicken Marinated in Soy Sauce with Rice and Onion is a delectable dish for a Sunday family dinner. Ingredients for the rice include a rice of your choice, finely chopped coriander, olive oil, serrano chili pepper, soy sauce mixed wi…
h lemon juice, and onions. The boneless skinless chicken breasts should be marinated in finely chopped garlic cloves, finely chopped coriander, soy sauce, olive oil, and pepper to taste.
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, and cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chili peppers (serrano)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (total, and lemon juice, mixed together)
- 1 1/2 onions (large, chopped into thick portions)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper (to taste)
- Mix marinade in a bowl and add chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Soak the rice in hot water for 10 minutes, strain, run over cold water and set aside for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pot on the stove and pour the rice in. When the rice begins to change color, add the 1 1/2 cups water, lower the heat, and cover the pot until the rice is completely cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked set it aside to cool off.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a separate pot and begin grilling the chili peppers. Make sure to cut the peppers open on the side so that they do not pop.
- Once the peppers are grilled, add the onion and grill it until it becomes a light golden color.
- Remove the peppers and place them in a bowl with the mixture of soy sauce and lemon. Remove the onions and set aside.
- Lightly cook the chicken (approx.10 min ), add the onions back in and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Add the rice into the pot and mix with all of the other ingredients.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander on top of the rice.
- Mix everything together and serve with one chili pepper.
|Calories280Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.