This recipe for Chicken Marinated in Soy Sauce with Rice and Onion is a delectable dish for a Sunday family dinner. Ingredients for the rice include a rice of your choice, finely chopped coriander, olive oil, serrano chili pepper, soy sauce mixed with lemon juice, and onions. The boneless skinless chicken breasts should be marinated in finely chopped garlic cloves, finely chopped coriander, soy sauce, olive oil, and pepper to taste.
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, and cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chili peppers (serrano)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (total, and lemon juice, mixed together)
- 1 1/2 onions (large, chopped into thick portions)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper (to taste)
- Mix marinade in a bowl and add chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Soak the rice in hot water for 10 minutes, strain, run over cold water and set aside for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pot on the stove and pour the rice in. When the rice begins to change color, add the 1 1/2 cups water, lower the heat, and cover the pot until the rice is completely cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked set it aside to cool off.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a separate pot and begin grilling the chili peppers. Make sure to cut the peppers open on the side so that they do not pop.
- Once the peppers are grilled, add the onion and grill it until it becomes a light golden color.
- Remove the peppers and place them in a bowl with the mixture of soy sauce and lemon. Remove the onions and set aside.
- Lightly cook the chicken (approx.10 min ), add the onions back in and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Add the rice into the pot and mix with all of the other ingredients.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander on top of the rice.
- Mix everything together and serve with one chili pepper.
|Calories280Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.