- 1 pound chicken breasts (2 large, halved lengthwise and pounded to an even 1/4" thickness)
- 1 pound asparagus (blanched*)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (divided and black pepper to taste)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 16 ounces button mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (small or 1/2 medium, finely diced)
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped, plus to garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet white wine (Madeira Wine)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef stock (or broth)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy or regular)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
|Calories480Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Oberstadt 7 Nov 2018
Wowser. this is a keeper. i used marsala cooking wine instead, and bumped up ingredients to 1.5 times as much for leftovers. delish!
Antoinette Glidewell 16 Sep 2018
Delicious!! My whole family loves it!
Erica Warrington 21 Jun 2018
Very good but still missing something
Hoople 19 Jun 2018
For me, when making this dish, the sauce reduction time is always much longer than most recipes indicate. I use a large diameter pan to try and speed up the process, but even then, it still takes me about 20 minutes to get a thick consistency. I havent tried this exact take on the recipe yet, but I sure will give it a shot, as it is one of my favorite meals to prepare.
Ross 10 Jun 2018
Made this dish today, the family loved it. Followed the recipe to the letter except I omitted the salt. Great recipe, it’s a keeper.
Valorie A. 27 May 2018
Too salty for my taste; I would just add less than the recipe calls for. Also more mushrooms would be apropos. And expect it to take longer than it says because the sauce doesn’t reduce very quickly at all.