- 6 ounces spaghetti (whole wheat noodles, such as, or linguine)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (divided)
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts (boneless, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 yellow bell peppers (or orange, red, cut into thin slices)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped, plus additional for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium high heat in your KitchenAid® Chef’s Pan on the gas cooktop of your Dual Fuel Double Oven Convection Range. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. With a paper towel, gently wipe the pan clean.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of canola oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil over medium high. Add the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook until the mushrooms are soft and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook 1 additional minute.
- While the veggies cook, stir together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. To serve, add the reserved noodles, reserved chicken, and green onions, then pour the sauce over the top. Stir to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with additional green onions.
|Calories410Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hoffa 18 Jul 2018
yum!! definitely will make again