Terrines are a beautiful and flavorful way to serve up a decadent dinner for your family. This recipe for Michel Guerard's Chicken Liver Terrine is a hearty dish that combines rich ingredients like chicken livers, fresh pork belly, sausage, savory spices and cognac for a dish that is out of this world. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your loved ones with a delicious dinner that will tantalize your taste buds.
- 500 grams chicken livers
- 200 grams pork belly (fresh)
- 200 grams sausage meat
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 eggs
- 40 grams bread (crusts removed)
- cognac (5 cl.)
- 5 port (cl red)
- 10 grams minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme (flowers)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 10 grams salt
- Cut the pork belly into small cubes. Place in a large bowl, and add the breadcrumbs the egg, and all the marinade ingredients and mix.
- Mix well, cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, turn on the oven to 420 F.
- Quickly chop the meat mixture so that the pieces aren't too big.
- Put a teaspoon of raw terrine in a small bowl and cook for 20 seconds in the microwave to make sure the bowl is well seasoned.