Boiled in a smoky, savory broth containing bacon, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery, finely chopped chicken livers are combined with lemon, parsley and mushrooms and turned into a rustic, slightly chunky spread for bread. After topping crostini, the chicken liver toasts are placed under the broiler for a moment more. The result is something worthy of a cocktail affair.
- 150 grams chicken livers
- 50 grams bacon (pancetta)
- 2 onions (baby)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 30 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 1 bread (loaf)
- Chop the vegetables finely with the bacon, and saute with the butter in a terracotta saucepan.
- In the meantime, wash the dried mushrooms and soak them in some warm water. Clean and rinse the chicken livers.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken livers to the saucepan with the sauteed vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cook for approximately 15 minutes before adding the hot broth.
- Simmer, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- Slice the bread into thin disks.
- As soon as the chicken livers are done, drain them from the saucepan with the mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Return the chopped chicken livers and mushrooms to the saucepan, add parsley and some lemon juice.
- Spread the mixture on the slices of bread, place the bread in the broiler for a few minutes and serve.
|Calories570Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.