This isn’t your momma’s chicken! Chicken dinners can be so mundane when they’re done over, and over, again. Next time you’re thinking about cooking up some chicken, try spicing things up a little with this mix of bitter, salty, hot, and earthy spices. Ginger and soy sauce infuse one another making a tart mix that is elevated by strong coriander and dry cinnamon. Star anise, a unique spice that isn’t used nearly enough, finishes the chicken legs off with a bright aromatic spice.
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- soy sauce
- 3 chicken legs
- Combine the ginger, coriander, cinnamon, star anise, artificial sweetener, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and some water in baking dish.
- Coat the chicken legs with the marinade and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Place the marinated chicken in a dutch oven. You can add some water for cooking if needed. Cook on the stovetop until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.