- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled & sliced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 750 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into large chunks)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lemon juice
- basmati rice (cooked according to packet instructions)
- 7 naan
- 2 lime (cut into wedges)
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (sliced)
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
tony chambers 5 hours ago
very tasty. I used fresh corriander instead of ground corriander.
Subhan 25 days ago
Quick easy and tasty. I've added peppers to this as well
Ayooluwa Olateju 12 Aug
I absolutely loved it. Easy to make and can be kept in the fridge as well 😍
LindaSteveDiary Test 21 Jul
Lovely curry! Will make again.
Keels 4 Jul
fab curry, quick and easy and really tasty. I might have put a little more chilli in as we like hot!
Kath 22 Jun
Great easy to make will make again
Steve M. 9 Jun
Turned out really well, it could have had a bit more of a kick though, if you follow the recipe to the letter. I’ll make it again.
Jenni Anson 2 Jun
Delicious!!! I would make this again.
Hello Magicharry 20 May
Very well I trebled the garlic.
Raquel P. 15 May
It turned out perfectly!!
Josh Bauer 15 May
Really easy and full of flavor
Jen 14 May
turned out brilliantly. full of flavour. no extra ingredients required just a little water to loosen it up. best curry we've made in a long time. will make it again!
Twig 11 May
Scrummy! A very earthy Jalfrezi thanks to the cumin, a particular favourite spice of mine. I added chilli flakes to ramp it up a notch. I will be making it again but will add fresh chillies for depth and heat. A great dish as it is though, loved it!
Gen Rodrigue 9 May
That recipe was soooo delicious!
Aretha Martin 28 Mar
Omg!!!!!! Only change I made was two jalapeños. This is sooooo good!!!!! The flavors and spices will dance on your tongue.
Shanz Malonzz 19 Aug 2017
It turned out great, very easy to cook
Abbie K 5 Aug 2017
Excellent recipe and very tasty result! It wasn't dry or chewy. The best chicken I have had for a while.