- 16 ounces plain yogurt (not fat free unless it is Oikos or Fage or another Greek-type yogurt)
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber (or 1 regular cucumber, peeled and seeded, I used 1/2 of an English cucumber)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed through a garlic press, or finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice (Squeeze of)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- bread (Soft wrap, or pita bread)
- fresh tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- red onion (sliced thin)
|Calories340Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jamie Lucas 17 Dec 2018
I added ground marjoram and ground rosemary and it made the whole meal POP! Also added dill to the tzatziki sauce, so yummy!!
Liv 12 Nov 2018
This was ready good! I did however buy cucumber dill dressing so I didn't have to make the sauce.
LA 27 Aug 2018
Very yummy and pretty easy to make.
Twana D. 24 Aug 2018
Great recipe!! My daughter raved about my gyros for weeks. I think it’s her way of asking me to make this again!
Marvin M. 8 Jul 2018
turned out great! will definitely make it again.
Julie 5 Jun 2018
Very good. We loved it.
Chivas D. 19 Jun 2016
This Chicken Gyros are excellent. I did two thing differently. I used Chicken Tenders in place of cubed breasts and I used plain Greek yogurt. I di let this marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours in a plastic freezer bag. This is the 3rd time doing this and I really like it.; So do several of my friends who are over today for a BBQ. Serve it with a Greek Salad and some good Greek wine.
amanda r. 12 Feb 2016
Great! I used Greek yogurt instead of straining it the only thing I'd change is I used pita from King soopers and the pita was way too thick, I'd definitely go with a much thinner wrap