- 16 ounces plain yogurt (not fat free unless it is Oikos or Fage or another Greek-type yogurt)
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber (or 1 regular cucumber, peeled and seeded, I used 1/2 of an English cucumber)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed through a garlic press, or finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice (Squeeze of)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- bread (Soft wrap, or pita bread)
- fresh tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- red onion (sliced thin)
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Liv 5 hours ago
This was ready good! I did however buy cucumber dill dressing so I didn't have to make the sauce.
LA 27 Aug
Very yummy and pretty easy to make.
Twana D. 24 Aug
Great recipe!! My daughter raved about my gyros for weeks. I think it’s her way of asking me to make this again!
Marvin M. 8 Jul
turned out great! will definitely make it again.
Julie 5 Jun
Very good. We loved it.
Chivas D. 19 Jun 2016
This Chicken Gyros are excellent. I did two thing differently. I used Chicken Tenders in place of cubed breasts and I used plain Greek yogurt. I di let this marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours in a plastic freezer bag. This is the 3rd time doing this and I really like it.; So do several of my friends who are over today for a BBQ. Serve it with a Greek Salad and some good Greek wine.
amanda r. 12 Feb 2016
Great! I used Greek yogurt instead of straining it the only thing I'd change is I used pita from King soopers and the pita was way too thick, I'd definitely go with a much thinner wrap