This recipe is a good reason to hunt down some authentic linquica, the distinctively delicious Portuguese sausage, which gives the pasta dish incredible flavor along with chicken, mushrooms, and cilantro. Take note of the step where the sausage is sliced and caramelized with the onion and leek, for unbeatable depth. Once the pasta is ready (at about the same time), everything is tossed together with mustard and mozzarella in the same pot.
- 300 grams bow-tie pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sausages (linguiça Portugues, or similar)
- 100 grams fresh mushrooms
- 1 onions (medium)
- 1 leeks
- 3 coriander
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- salt (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain immediately. Remove the skin from the sausages and slice.
- Thinly slice the onion and leek. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan, add the sausage, onion and leek. Let simmer. When starting to brown, sprinkle with sugar and caramelize.
- Add the mushrooms and soy sauce. Mix and let cook a little longer. Cut the chicken into small pieces, add to the pan and mix well. Adjust the seasoning with salt and garlic powder. Cook over high heat to limit liquids accumulating, so the chicken browns instead of steams.
- Once nicely browned, add the chopped coriander and mix.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the pasta back in the pot and heat over very low heat. Add the mozzarella cheese and mustard.
- Mix well.
- When the cheese starts to melt, add the meat and mix together.
- Serve hot.