This coconut curry is made with chicken for a flavorful and light meal. The chicken soaks up all the flavors of the sauce, making it tender and delicious. Chopped apple and cinnamon add a nice bit of sweetness and warmth to the dish while fresh cilantro adds some vibrant freshness. This recipe only takes about 50 minutes to make, which makes it perfect for any night of the week.
- chicken breasts (cut in strips)
- curry powder (to taste)
- garlic paste (to taste)
- bay leaf
- olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 apples (preferably golden apple)
- 1 lemon juice
- basmati rice
- Season the strips of chicken breast with curry and garlic paste, and mix well.
- Add the bay leaf, and let marinate for a while.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add the meat, and brown on both sides.
- Stir in the finely chopped onion, and cinnamon stick. Reduce heat, cover, and let cook slowly over low heat. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Add the apple cut into small squares.
- Let cook a little longer until the meat is soft and tender.
- Season with salt, add chopped coriander, and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve with basmati rice, and arugula salad.