Chicken ranks as the economical choice for creating family meals, and it's also a lean alternative to red meat. The mild flavor lends itself to a wide variety of cuisines, including this Indian style curry dish. And rather than having to toast a bunch of different spices, you can rely on a good quality curry powder that will achieve the same deeply delicious result. Coconut milk is your other ally here.
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bacon slice (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic, onions and bacon.
- When bacon starts to brown, layer chicken pieces in bottom of pan and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and add diced tomatoes to pan.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk and curry powder.
- Add mixture to chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.