Low, slow, and steady makes this chicken dish something out of the cooking channel. It’s a Holiday time meal without a doubt. Spicy curry is balanced by seasonally acclaimed nutmeg and cinnamon. Chicken breasts are flavored in Dutch ovens by the mixed spices and thick cut onions, tomatoes and elevated with chicken stock. Simmer for 2 hours on a low setting until the chicken is tender and has taken in as much moisture as possible.
- 1 chicken
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chicken stock
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Brown the chicken and the onions in a skillet.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water. Peel, seed, and dice them.
- Put the chicken, onions, and tomatoes in a dutch oven. Add the curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and chicken stock.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice.