- 1 cup dried navy beans
- 1 pound italian sausages (spicy)
- 8 ounces pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 4 chicken breasts (on the bone, halved)
- 3 slices bacon (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 whole cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 celery stalk (coarsely chopped)
- 4 medium carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 5 onions (baby, peeled and halved)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Cover the beans with cold water in a large bowl. Let stand overnight. Drain, then rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the sausages, uncovered, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven on high heat. Cook the chicken and sausages, in batches, until browned. Remove from the pan. Slice the sausages thickly.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside to garnish.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the beans, garlic, spices, vegetables, wine, 3 cups water and tomato paste. Cover.
- Cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Add the sausages. Cover and cook for about 30 mins or until the sausages are cooked through. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with bacon and parsley.
|Calories680Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.