I can't use ready made sauces, but I love carbonara so I had to make my own from scratch. This one is the final evolution of my kitchen experiments, and my goodness is it good!
- 500g chicken strips
- 4 rashers bacon - diced
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 - 2 clove(s) garlic – crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 small tub thickened or cooking cream
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Vegeta (or other vegetable stock powder)
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of Paprika
- pinch of Turmeric
- pinch of Pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped parsley (Important)
- Curly Fettuccini (or any pasta) – to be cooked in salted water
- Little bit of oil for frying
- Fry chicken, bacon, onion, and garlic until cooked.
- Begin cooking pasta in salted water.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, parmesan, cream, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, vegeta, cayenne, turmeric, and pepper until well blended.
- Lower heat on chicken and add cream mix.
- Stir until thickened (about 5-10 minutes).
- Mix parsley through chicken sauce.
- Drain pasta when cooked, add chicken sauce and serve .