- 1 pound pasta (Or Egg Noodles)
- 8 whole chicken thighs (Skin On, can Use Any Whole Piece Chicken)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole onion (Medium, Halved And Sliced)
- 2 whole red bell peppers (Cored And Sliced, not Too Thin)
- 2 whole green bell peppers (Cored And Sliced, not Too Thin)
- 5 cloves garlic (Diced)
- 12 ounces mushrooms (weight, white Or Crimini, Sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- red pepper flakes (Crushed, To Taste, optional)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (Whole Or, with Their Juice)
- flat leaf parsley (Chopped)
- parmesan cheese (For Sprinkling)
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jim G. 5 days ago
I really didn't like it. I followed the steps exactly as written.
Rachael Preston 22 May
I added white beans to kick up fiber. very satisfying.
Julian J. 12 May
Turned out really good. Left out the mushrooms and used diced tomatoes instead of stewed.
Ines Ifarraguerri 21 Feb
it was very good. did not bake it, just cooked it on stove
Falzo 21 Dec 2017
This was perfect just as is!! Will definitely make again!
Joanne 17 Nov 2017
Very tasty and easy to make. Made it exactly as directed.
Rosi 13 Nov 2017
This is the best cacciatore recipe I’ve made!
Micha 4 Mar 2017
As usual, I followed the instructions, and it turned out really good. Thank You Pioneer Woman! . The next time though, I will increase the onion and decrease the garlic a bit (only because my wife doesn't like garlic much). I would also add some smoked paprika, (not sure if I want to add it to the flour, or into the sauce). I may want to add some lemon juice, or zest, or maybe even a Tblsp of balsamic vinegar for some "brightness". The TURMERIC, really was a fantastic addition to this recipe. Although not classical, it really worked.
Shawn G. 13 Feb 2016
We really liked it I used 1/2 cp red wine and 1/4 cp sweet vermouth. Didn't have peppers so sub' zucchini turned out great