- 2 pounds chicken thighs (trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion (medium, halved, thickly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (medium, deseeded, coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 13 1/2 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 5 1/4 ounces green beans (coarsely chopped)
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed, cut into 8 strips)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- mashed potatoes (to serve)
- Toss chicken in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2-3 mins, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add onion and pepper to pan. Cook for 5-6 mins, or until onion softens. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Return chicken (and juices) to pan. Add tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 35 mins, or until mixture thickens. Add beans and olives. Simmer for 3 mins. Remove from heat and season. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush puff pastry dough with egg yolk. Weave pastry strips over chicken mixture in dish to form a lattice. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over pastry. Bake for 12-15 mins, or until pastry is golden and puffed. Let cool for 5 mins. Serve with mashed potatoes.
|Calories490Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.