The weather in Maryland is turning into dreary winter this week. Plus having been working over 11 hours for the past 2 days with more works the coming weekend, I decided this is the best time to have some comfort food at home. This creamy, cheesy casserole smells so good and the vegetable blended really well with the creamy fillings. It’s a perfect dish to keep you warm!! Full Recipe: http://wp.me/p5e05O-1Q
- 5 leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 slice bacon
- 3/4 cup onions
- 3 clove (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Use a deep pot to boil water. When boil, add diced carrot and the root parts of napa cabbage into the pot for about 2 mins. Then add the green leaves parts of napa cabbage to boil for another 3-5 mins until cooked and soften. Drain out the water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, fried the bacon, garlic, and onion dice into golden and soft.
- Use a small sauce pan, melt butter and stir fried flour till thicken (about 1 min) in low to medium heat. Slowly stir in milk and heavy cream, add black pepper and salt, constantly stir the mixture until thicken.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Mix the cooked vegetables, stir fried bacon and onion, and chicken into a 7-by-10-inch baking dish. Pour the white sauce into the dish and mix well.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 mins or till golden brown top. Ready to Enjoy!!!
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.