Chicken Breasts with Mustard SauceAs receitas lá de casa
Cutting the chicken breast meat into cubes allows it to cook much more quickly and evenly, without drying out. Here, the chicken is first marinated with lemon juice and white wine before sauteeing with onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers, and that marinade is also added along with mustard for the pan sauce. Be sure to dissolve the cornstarch into milk before adding to the pan to prevent clumps from forming.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 200 grams fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 200 milliliters milk
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Dice the chicken breasts into cubes, place in a bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice and white wine. Add the sliced garlic and season with a little salt. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Heat a little olive oil in large pan. Add the chopped onion and allow to brown.
- 3Add the chicken, reserving the marinade. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the rinsed, dried and sliced mushrooms and chopped peppers.
- 4Once the mushrooms begin to shrink, add the marinade and the mustard. While the chicken simmers, dissolve the corn starch with the milk in a bowl and add to the pan, stirring constantly. Once the sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat. Serve with chicken with white rice.