- 1 3/4 pounds white asparagus (peeled, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 dashes lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets (about 1/4 lb each)
- 7 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 shallot (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1/3 ounce mushrooms (dried morel, soaked for 30 mins in warm water, then rinsed)
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 handful chervil leaves
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water with a pinch of sugar and a dash of lemon juice for 12 mins.
- Heat the oil in a pan, season the chicken and sear for 12 mins, turning the fillets regularly, until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the shallots for 2 mins. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly. Deglaze the pan with the sherry, add the stock and cream and simmer for 5 mins. Finely chop half of the chervil leaves, retaining the other half to use as a garnish. Add the chopped leaves to the mushroom sauce with a dash of lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and seasoning to taste.
- Cut each chicken breast into slices and place on a plate with the drained pasta and the asparagus. Pour the mushroom sauce over the asparagus and garnish the dish with the reserved chervil leaves.
|Calories680Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.