- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (soft)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon water
- 48 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (total)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- In a small saucepan cook carrot, green onion, and curry powder in margarine until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, raisins, and water.
- Place one chicken breast half, boned side up, between two pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken. Sprinkle chicken pieces lightly with salt.
- Place one-fourth of the stuffing mixture on one half of each chicken breast. Fold the other half of the chicken breast over the filling. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Place chicken in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and marmalade. To serve, dollop about 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture atop each piece of chicken. Makes 4 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare chicken as above but do not bake. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. To serve, bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve as above.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.