- 1 Orange (small)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 red chili pepper (seeded and cut into rings)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 pound red cabbage (cut into thin strips)
- Peel the orange so that the pith is completely removed. Juice half the orange. Cut the remaining orange segments from the membranes with a very sharp knife.
- For the vinaigrette: whisk the vinegar, orange juice, chili, mustard and honey. Drizzle in the oil, add the chopped shallot, and stir well. Season to taste.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken breast for 8 mins until golden brown on both sides. Season to taste. Mix the cabbage, walnuts and orange segments. Slice the chicken breast and serve on a bed of red cabbage, drizzled with the vinaigrette.