Chicken Breast With Honey and SesameAs receitas lá de casa
For this Asian style dish, dipping the chicken pieces in lightly beaten egg whites and cornstarch just before cooking is what gives them their perfect crust. Be sure to work in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, or the chicken will steam rather than brown. Once all the chicken is browned, it is cooked briefly with a flavorful sauce that includes honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, and ginger, and then that sauce is allowed to reduce before serving.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 3 egg whites
- corn starch (2 tbps.)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (if too strong, use only 2)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chives (to taste, optional)
- 1Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, beat the egg whites with the cornstarch with a fork or a whisk. Set aside.
- 3In another bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, chopped garlic, sesame seeds and a pinch of ginger. Set aside.
- 4In a large frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and vegetable oil. Coat the chicken in the egg whites and then the cornstarch. When the oil is hot, carefully add the chicken, piece by piece. Separate chicken pieces to prevent from sticking together. Turn pieces once golden brown. When cooked on both sides, remove and place on a platter.
- 5Repeat the process until all the chicken is cooked. Note: As needed, add more of the oils to the pan, but do so only when there is no meat in the pan and wait until the oil is hot before proceeding. Once all the chicken is cooked, place pieces back into the pan over medium heat. Drizzle with the honey sauce and gently stir to coat.
- 6Let the sauce reduce slightly, remove from heat, and place on a serving platter.
- 7Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- 8Serve with white rice.