- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (small, 6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 pound green beans (trimmed)
- crusty bread (to serve)
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand for 1-2 mins, until wilted. Drain and refresh under cold water, then drain again, squeezing out the water. Coarsely chop and place in a bowl. Add the ricotta, Parmesan and garlic. Season and stir to combine.
- Cut a pocket in the thick side of each chicken breast. Fill with the spinach mixture. Dust the chicken with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, until browned. Add the stock to the pan. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 8-10 mins, until cooked through. Stir in the parsley and season.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 mins, until tender. Slice the chicken and serve with pan sauce. Serve with green beans and bread.
|Calories390Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alicia G. 7 Sep 2016
I had never made ricotta stuffed chicken before and gave this recipe a shot - very glad I did. The ricotta mix was delicious and super simple to throw together since I had all the ingredients on hand. I did end up roasting my chicken just because I wanted to throw my green beans in the oven - single sheet opportunity. Definitely making this one again.